Thursday, November 5, 2009

My dream dress-Part II

My MOH and I planned a perfect dress hunting trip to Chicago, right before I moved to New Orleans.  She was able to take the train from Detroit, and I took the bus from Madison.  We scored a fabulous deal staying at the Westin Hotel right on Michigan Avenue.
I did my research on wedding dresses, and had quite a few places for us to try.  Unfortunately, the first day we didn't even find anything worth taking pictures of!  The vintage stores were a total bust, and I was disheartened.
Day 2 of shopping was what we were both looking forward to because we were going to Vera Wang!!!!  We both have dreamed of Vera Wang for years, and even though I knew I couldn't afford it, I just had to have the experience!

Me in front of Vera Wang.  Very excited.


The boutique was 1/2 Vera Wang, 1/2 other designers and it was beautiful.  While I had a ton of fun trying on the dresses (no pictures allowed, sorry), I didn't fall in love with any of Vera's.  I did however, seriously consider two gowns that were completely out of my price range:
I could write a whole post about how much I love Reem Acra!

I was so close to getting this Elizabeth Fillmore dress.

We left the boutique, high on couture and headed to our last stop of the trip.  I had an appointment to try on a dress that I had torn out of a magazine because of its' resemblance to my dream dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please share your thoughts!