Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A little New Orleans flavor

Now that we live in New Orleans, we were thinking about how we would incorporate some New Orleans flair into our wedding.  At first I was thinking favors, but I'm not sure we are going to do favors at all.  Then one day when I was walking in the French Quarter, I saw a wedding parade!

Doesn't that look fabulous?

It is a tradition in New Orleans to have a second line parade after the ceremony.  Usually this includes a brass band, and everyone dances and waves their umbrellas or napkins/tissues while they march/dance.  This works incredibly well if you can parade it from your ceremony to your reception.

And guess what, our reception venue is only a few blocks away from our ceremony site!  So we are going to have our own version of a New Orleans wedding parade!  Ours will involve our bluegrass band and those beautiful vintage hankies.  I am also on the lookout for a bunch of parasols at a bargain price.

This is one of the parts of our wedding I am most excited for. I know that our photographer will get some amazing shots of us all marching towards the reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please share your thoughts!