Thursday, October 15, 2009

Keeping it real

One thing I want to make sure of is that we do not lose ourselves in this whole wedding planning thing.  It's easy to get caught up in it all, and find yourself making decisions that you wouldn't.  For instance, we both knew that we did not want a fancy cake.  We never like them, the cost just seems outrageous to us, etc.  But about a month into wedding planning, we found ourselves getting talked into one.  I know this is small, but I really want this to be, well, a wedding of our own.  
So we are not doing a fancy cake.  We are having my amazing sous-chef friend make cupcakes, because he makes delicious cupcakes.  And because they are amazing, they are throwing it in with our per-person cost (which is highway robbery, and we seriously could not be more grateful). 
There are quite a few things that we are putting our feet down on, which I will write about in a later post.  How are you dealing with keeping your wedding about you and your partner? Please share any advice you have on how to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please share your thoughts!