Thursday, October 29, 2009

My kind of dress

I've never been a poofy dress girl.  Even in high school, when my friends were wearing the popular princess-dresses to prom, I went for a slinky strapless number (much to my mother's chagrin).  So when the time came to start thinking about wedding dresses, I knew that I was not going to be going for the big princess dress look.
Immediately, I was drawn to the idea of a old-hollywood style dress.  I love how these dresses are slinky, yet still classic and beautiful.

Here are some of my favorite silhouettes:

A friend clipped this picture out of a magazine b/c she knew I would love it!  This is Jean Harlow on the set of "Reckless" in 1935.

Another gorgeous Jean Harlow dress *sigh*

Rita Hayworth = stunning

After a little bit of google research, I realized I was looking for a vintage 1930's style bias-cut dress.  Thus began my search of vintage or vintage-inspired dresses.  Little did I know how difficult this would be...

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for a slinky, sexy dress, too. It's unfussy and fab.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please share your thoughts!